This title is a greatly expanded volume of the original Art and Science of Teaching, offering a framework for substantive change based on Marzano’s 50 years of education research. While the previous model focused on teacher outcomes, the new version places focus on student outcomes. Throughout the book, Marzano details the elements of three overarching categories of teaching, which define what must happen to optimize student learning.
A joint publication of ASCD and Solution Tree
- Explore instructional strategies that correspond to each of the 43 elements of The New Art and Science of Teaching, which have been carefully designed to maximize student engagement and achievement.
- Utilize ten design questions and a general framework that will help determine which classroom strategies you should use to foster student learning.
- Analyze the behavioral evidence that proves the strategies of an element are helping learners achieve academic success.
- Study the state of the modern standards movement and what changes must be made in K–12 education to ensure high levels of learning for all.
- Download free study guide and reproducibles.
Product Code: BKF776
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Write Your Own Review
“As a longtime Marzano devotee, I was pleasantly surprised that the book retained the magic of the original while also approaching learning from a new perspective. The three overarching categories in The New Art and Science of Teaching are a shift from the first edition, in that the original was what the teacher must do, while this new edition draws from what must happen in students’ minds in order to be successful learners. This shift reflects the changing attitudes in education and the influence of growth mindset.”
—Amber Chandler, middle school teacher, Frontier Middle School, Hamburg, NY, for Getting Smart