Editor(s): Thomas R. Guskey
Discover how to improve student learning through the power of effective, efficient assessments, and realize your power to transform education from inside the classroom. Meaningful examples, expert research, and real-life experiences illustrate the capacity and responsibility every educator has to ignite positive change. Packed with practical strategies from expert practitioners for designing, analyzing, and using assessments, this book shows how to turn best practices in classroom assessment into usable solutions for everyday teaching.
- An overview of the most critical issues in classroom assessment, in teacher-friendly terms
- A model for “unpacking” standards into student-friendly language and aligned assessments • Models for matching assessment format to content
- Strategies for creating proficiency level descriptions to improve item design and assessment quality
- Strategies for effective descriptive feedback that will motivate students to engage in the learning process Information on critical issues in assessing English language learners and students with special needs
- A process for teachers of uncommon courses to tap the power of common assessments
Published by Solution Tree