Student engagement happens as a result of a teacher's careful planning and execution of specific strategies. This basic premise drives The Highly Engaged Classroom, a self-study text that provides in-depth understanding of how to generate high levels of student attention and engagement. Using the suggestions in this book, every teacher can create a classroom environment where engagement is the norm, not the exception.
- Read relatable classroom stories that depict the presented strategies.
- Gain exercises and end-of-chapter proficiency scales to help assess and reinforce understanding.
- Utilize an appendix that clearly explains the concept of effect size.
- Use an appendix of unusual information to help engage students in content.
- Discover an appendix of planning questions for implementing the presented strategies.
Product Code: BKL005
These reproducibles include handouts to copy and share, as well as forms you can fill in electronically.
- See all reproducibles for this book.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Write Your Own Review
“The 21st century classroom needs to shift dramatically to catch up to a new generation of learners coming to our schools every day. Engaging learners is key. The Highly Engaged Classroom will give you specific, exciting, and fresh approaches to genuinely empower your students. The learner moves to the driver's seat as teachers equip them with tools to learn from feedback and navigate their future.”
—Heidi Hayes Jacobs, executive director of the Curriculum Mapping Institute, president of Curriculum Designers, Inc., New York
“My two daughters are beginning teachers. As such, they need theoretically sound, yet eminently practical guidance for their work with students. The ideas in this book will unquestionably make their classrooms more engaging!”
—Jay McTighe, educational consultant, Maryland