The Common Core State Standards present unique demands on students' ability to learn vocabulary and teachers' ability to teach it. The authors address these challenges in this resource. Work toward the creation of a successful vocabulary program, guided by both academic and content-area terms taken directly from the mathematics and English language arts standards.
- Learn to incorporate CCSS vocabulary into teaching and student learning.
- Recognize the impact that quality vocabulary instruction can make on reading ability, mental process, and academic achievement.
- Understand how students learn vocabulary.
- Make academic and content-area terms from the CCSS relevant to students.
- Create a system of assessment that tracks students' progress with CCSS vocabulary.
Product Code: BKL014
These reproducibles include handouts to copy and share, as well as forms you can fill in electronically.
- See all reproducibles for this book.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Write Your Own Review
“This book is a terrific resource for teaching vocabulary for the Common Core. Teachers will find this highly practical guide invaluable for teaching the academic terms and the domain-specific vocabulary that students will need to comprehend complex text. Clearly written and research-based, the guide is the best go-to resource for vocabulary instruction on the market.”
—Susan B. Neuman, Professor, Teaching and Learning, New York University