Vocabulary for English Learners Workshop
Provide students with the vocabulary and knowledge that they need to succeed. Follow a research-based, six-step process to improve vocabulary instruction and boost student achievement.
Gain concrete strategies for improving instruction. Discover the three tiers of vocabulary terms and how learning vocabulary relates to building background knowledge. Learn how to select academic and content-specific terms for direct instruction, as well as how to assess and track student progress.Request workshop
- Understand the three different kinds of terms students must master and how explicit direct instruction helps English learners succeed.
- Discover how to use a list of basic and advanced vocabulary to scaffold and support learning for English learners.
- Acquire a six-step process for effective vocabulary instruction.
- Practice teaching each of the six steps.
- Integrate engaging and motivational techniques such as games, technology, and graphic organizers.
District leaders, school leaders, teachers
One or two days