Like many school districts, Lindsay Unified School District faced difficulty meeting the needs of increasingly diverse student populations. Through this detailed resource, you will learn how Lindsay Unified took action to improve student learning by shifting from a traditional time-based education system to a learner-centered performance-based system. By adopting and tailoring Lindsay Unified’s instructional model, you and your team can embark on your own district’s transformation.
- Consider Lindsay Unified’s core values and visions for leadership, curriculum, assessment, learning, and technology.
- Meet Lindsay Unified students and see how the district’s performance-based system transformed their learning.
- Explore core value rubrics that school staff can use to reflect on personal leadership growth, frame important conversations, and provide feedback.
- Study Lindsay Unified’s instructional model, which helps align the district’s instructional decisions with its unified instructional vision.
- Download a free reproducible checklist for shifting to a performance-based system and lists of recommended strategies for ensuring a successful district transformation.
Product Code: BKL036
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Write Your Own Review
“The journey of Lindsay Unified is one of the great stories that gives me hope and inspiration for the future of education. Its lessons on system transformation are powerful, not only for education leaders but for system leaders in all sectors. Lindsay’s leaders—and the entire community—have embarked on a process of unwinding the long-outdated factory model of schooling and replaced it with a model that better prepares learners for the demands of the 21st century. They have managed to avoid many of the pitfalls that have repeatedly ensnared reform efforts by truly exemplifying empowerment, patience, learner-centeredness, and humility. Our field owes a major debt of gratitude to Superintendent Rooney and his team for taking the time to put pen to paper to tell this extraordinary, ongoing tale.”
—Jeff Wetzler, cofounder, Transcend
“The Lindsay Unified School District story represents one of the most amazing success stories in American public education history. Beyond Reform: Systemic Shifts Toward Personalized Learning shows us how Lindsay changed from a failing school system to one that works for all students. I have visited hundreds of school districts around the country, and none has been able to do what Lindsay has done: transform from within so each child’s academic needs are met and, at the same time, win the praise and applause of all its stakeholders. This book is a must-read those looking to create a culture of learning in their community.”
—Kevin P. Chavous, author of Building a Learning Culture in America