Effective Supervision Workshop
Empower yourself to enhance teacher effectiveness and student achievement. Gain strategies for leading change and for creating professional, collegial environments that foster learning. This central responsibility of principals, assistant principals, instructional coaches, and teacher-leaders is the focus of this workshop.
Gain the structures and tools you need to excel at supervision. Participants will learn how to develop a common language of instruction and explore a variety of approaches to giving feedback and nurturing teacher self-reflection. Acquire a set of protocols for observing and discussing effective teaching, with a focus on instructional rounds. Learn which teaching strategies make the most difference in the classroom and how and when teachers can use them.Request workshop
- Gain research-based instructional and supervision strategies that have a high probability of enhancing K–12 student achievement.
- Discover how the Art and Science of Teaching model can be used as a vehicle for teacher professional growth and development.
- Analyze video clips of effective instruction using Marzano Observational Protocols.
- Practice adapting observational protocols to your school and district language of instruction.
- Explore a variety of data types that inform teaching.
- Learn how instructional rounds can be used to enhance collaboration and improve pedagogical skills.
District leaders, school leaders
One or two days