Formative Assessment and Standards-Based Grading Workshop
Take measure of your assessment practices. Are they helping students understand and attain learning goals? Are they helping you refine your instruction, give feedback, and report on student progress? Learn research-based practices for using quality formative assessments aligned with solid grading practices, and enjoy the confidence that comes from knowing your instructional decisions are based on sound assessment data.
Select a one-day overview, or dig deeper over two days into three critical areas:
- Understand the types and uses of formative assessment.
- Examine current grading practices and how they relate to student learning.
- Connect formative assessment practices with grading practices that accurately reflect student achievement.
- Understand what research reveals about feedback, assessment, and grading.
- Review and revise existing assessments for quality.
- Collaborate in teams to continuously improve assessments and instruction.
- Explore the uses of different kinds of formative assessments.
- Apply assessment information to gain formative, summative, or instructional feedback.
- Track student progress for a better overall picture of performance.
- Align grading and reporting practices with formative assessment strategies.
One or two days