Solutions for Standards-Based Grading Workshop
Centennial, Colorado | March 27–28, 2018
Standards-based grading is more than tweaking an existing grading system. Rather, it’s a revolution of existing curriculum, assessment, and reporting practices that, for leaders, are the most transformational initiative they lead. In this training, we will walk school leaders through thoughtful and practical implementation of each element of an effective standards-based grading system—highlighting the potential pitfalls, opportunities, and challenges.
- The rationale and process for prioritizing standards
- The what, why, and how of proficiency scale development
- How to create, refine, or be a consumer of quality classroom-based assessments
- Ways to figure meaningful grades
- Approaches for grading exceptional learners
- Practical considerations for leading this transformational work at your school or district
- How to connect standards-based grading to the bigger picture of school reform
Product Code: WSL104
Jan K. Hoegh is associate vice president of Marzano Research. She has been a classroom teacher, building-level leader, professional development specialist, assistant high school principal, and curriculum coordinator.
Presenters are subject to change.
Marzano Research Training Center
12577 E. Caley Ave.
Centennial, CO 80111
In order to receive the discounted hotel room rate, please mention Marzano Research. Events reach capacity quickly. Please confirm your registration before making travel plans.
Hyatt House Denver Tech Center
9280 E. Costilla Ave.
Englewood, CO 80112
Discounted Rate: $159 per night (single)
$179 per night (double)
Please note: Hotel web links are only available 12 months prior to workshop dates. If assistance is needed in booking this far in advance, please contact the hotels directly.
Contact Hyatt House Denver Tech Center at 303.706.1945 if:
- You need assistance booking your reservation. (Press 3)
- You or your group has a special form of payment. (Press 2)
- You or your group has a tax-exempt form or you would like to speak with the front desk host regarding an existing reservation. (Press 0)
Primary Hotel: Hotel parking is complimentary.
Provided between the Hyatt House Denver Tech Center and Marzano Research Training Center.
Shuttle times: Pick-up at Hyatt: 8:00 a.m., Pick-up at MR: 3:30 p.m.
Cancellations and Substitutions
All cancellations and substitutions must be in submitted in writing via fax (812.336.7790) or email email@example.com
- Cancellations more than 90 days prior to the event require a $75 processing fee per person.
- Cancellations between 10 and 90 days prior to the event require half the registration fee.
- Cancellations less than 10 days prior to the event will receive no refund.
Included with your registration:
|9:00–10:00 a.m.||Structures and process audit—review of sample four-year plan|
|10:15 a.m.–12:00 p.m.||Processes and structures for prioritizing standards|
|12:00–1:00 p.m.||LUNCH (On site, included in registration fee.)|
|1:00–3:00 p.m.||Actions for developing and reviewing proficiency scales|
|3:15–3:45 p.m.||Procedures for leading the creation, refinement, and review of quality assessments|
|8:30–9:00 a.m.||Welcome/Review of key Day 1 concepts|
|9:00–10:00 a.m.||Figuring grades for consistency and coherence|
|10:15 a.m.–12:00 p.m.||Grading exceptional students|
|12:00–12:45 p.m.||LUNCH (On site, included in registration fee.)|
|12:45–2:00 p.m.||Leading the transformational change (communication, planning, implementation)|
|2:15–3:00 p.m.||Connecting SBG to the bigger picture of school reform|