Motivating and Inspiring Students: Strategies to Awaken the Learner
Centennial, Colorado | February 8, 2018
Bringing motivation and inspiration to the classroom is not an easy task. In this highly interactive workshop, Dr. Tina H. Boogren outlines a framework, based on a six-level hierarchy of student needs and goals, that K–12 teachers can use to impart invigorating instruction. Additionally, she will outline the six levels of the hierarchy that educators can use to provide engaging instruction to students and provide an overview of the strategies tied to each level of the hierarchy that can be implemented immediately.
- Understand the foundational research and theory on motivation and inspiration.
- Discover ways to create a culture and climate in schools and classrooms that awaken students to new possibilities and excitement.
- Discover a hierarchy of needs and goals that K–12 educators can use to create schools and classrooms in which students are not only attentive and engaged, but also motivated and inspired.
- Explore strategies and recommendations related to each level of the hierarchy that can be implemented immediately in the classroom.
Product Code: WSL101
Tina H. Boogren, PhD, is a former classroom teacher, English department chair, teacher mentor, instructional coach, professional developer, athletic coach, and building-level leader.
Presenters are subject to change.
Marzano Research Training Center
12577 E. Caley Ave.
Centennial, CO 80111
In order to receive the discounted hotel room rate, please mention Marzano Research. Events reach capacity quickly. Please confirm your registration before making travel plans.
Hyatt House Denver Tech Center
9280 E. Costilla Ave.
Englewood, CO 80112
Discounted Rate: $159 per night (single)
$179 per night (double)
Please note: Hotel web links are only available 12 months prior to workshop dates. If assistance is needed in booking this far in advance, please contact the hotels directly.
Contact Hyatt House Denver Tech Center at 303.706.1945 if:
- You need assistance booking your reservation. (Press 3)
- You or your group has a special form of payment. (Press 2)
- You or your group has a tax-exempt form or you would like to speak with the front desk host regarding an existing reservation. (Press 0)
Primary Hotel: Hotel parking is complimentary.
Provided between the Hyatt House Denver Tech Center and Marzano Research Training Center.
Shuttle times: Pick-up at Hyatt: 8:00 a.m., Pick-up at MR: 3:30 p.m.
Cancellations and Substitutions
All cancellations and substitutions must be in submitted in writing via fax (812.336.7790) or email email@example.com
- Cancellations more than 90 days prior to the event require a $75 processing fee per person.
- Cancellations between 10 and 90 days prior to the event require half the registration fee.
- Cancellations less than 10 days prior to the event will receive no refund.
Included with your registration:
Motivating and Inspiring Students
|8:30–9:15 a.m.||Welcome, Introductions, Establishing Procedures|
|9:15–10:15 a.m.||Research, Background, Understanding the Hierarchy|
|10:30 a.m.–11:30 p.m.||Levels One and Two|
|11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.||Lunch|
|12:30–1:30 p.m.||Levels Three and Four|
|1:45–3:15 p.m.||Levels Five and Six|
|3:15–3:30 p.m.||Closure, Evaluations|