Ensure students develop the argumentation and critical-thinking skills they need for academic and lifetime success. Discover 10 fun, engaging activities and games for teaching argumentation that align with the CCSS. Incorporate these tools into your instruction to help students develop their ability to present and support claims, distinguish fact and opinion, identify errors in reasoning, and debate constructively.
- Obtain games and activities to support instruction and teach argumentation skills.
- Help students develop the critical-thinking skills necessary to lead informed lives.
- Facilitate classroom discussions about various topics—including difficult ones—to prepare students for democratic life.
- Provide students with the tools to build effective arguments and relay complex information.
- Access reproducibles including question cards, memory cards, evidence organizers, answer keys, and more.
Product Code: BKL021
These reproducibles include handouts to copy and share, as well as forms you can fill in electronically.
- See all reproducibles for this book.
Useful and practical for teaching a topic and a kind of writing that challenges teachers instructionally and challenges students intellectually
by Mark on Oct 30, 2014
Ideas and theories are clearly explained Research is up-to-date and informative Strategies are practical and easy to use
Best aspects of the book are the introduction, which frames a sensible and useful approach to the components of argument, and enough activities for E, M, and S to offer teachers some choices. Though not every activity might appeal to every teacher, most teachers will find at least one activity that they feel fits their instructional needs.