Identifying Levels of Mastery: Proficiency Scales Workshop
Punta Gorda, Florida | December 13, 2018
Focus instructional activities on what matters most. Clear, specific learning goals lay the foundation for effective teaching. Learn what effective teachers do to establish and communicate learning goals, track student progress, and celebrate success.
Target and measure improved student learning. High-quality learning goals set an appropriate level of difficulty, drive the selection of targeted instructional activities, and align with assessment tools that allow teachers and students to measure progress. First you’ll explore the research on goal setting and two different kinds of learning goals. Then you’ll learn how to design goals and align them with proficiency scales to measure student performance. Finally, track student results—and celebrate!
- Distinguish between true learning goals and classroom activities or assignments
- Understand the difference between declarative and procedural knowledge
- Translate broad standards into specific learning goals
- Design goals at varying levels of difficulty and differentiate content for student needs
- Explore three levels of cognition and how to design corresponding assessment items and tasks
Product Code: WSL123
Philip B. Warrick, EdD, is an author and consultant and has worked globally in the areas of school leadership, instruction, collaborative practices, and grading.
Presenters are subject to change.
Charlotte Harbor Event & Conference Center
75 Taylor Street
Punta Gorda, FL 33950
In order to receive the discounted hotel room rate, please mention Marzano Research. Events reach capacity quickly. Please confirm your registration before making travel plans.
Four Points Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside
33 Tamiami Trail
Punta Gorda, FL 33950
Discounted Rate: $129 per night (single) through November 19th, 2018
Parking Information: Complimentary Parking
Cancellations and Substitutions
All cancellations and substitutions must be in submitted in writing via fax (812.336.7790) or email email@example.com
- Cancellations more than 90 days prior to the event require a $75 processing fee per person.
- Cancellations between 10 and 90 days prior to the event require half the registration fee.
- Cancellations less than 10 days prior to the event will receive no refund.
Included with your registration:
|9:00–10:00 a.m.||Standards, Learning Goals, and Learning Targets and Distinguishing Between Declarative and Procedural Knowledge|
|10:15 –11:45 a.m.||Writing Clear Learning Goals at Three Levels of Cognition|
|11:45 a.m.–12:30 p.m.||LUNCH (on site, included in registration fee)|
|12:30–2:00 p.m.||Using Proficiency Scales to Track Student Progress and Celebrate Student Success; Connecting Proficiency Scales to Assessment|
|2:15–3:15 p.m.||Connecting Proficiency Scales to Assessment|
|3:15–3:30 p.m.||Closure and Feedback|