Solutions for Standards-Based Grading Workshop
Punta Gorda, Florida | December 11–12, 2018
Standards-based grading is more than tweaking an existing grading system. Rather, it’s a revolution of existing curriculum, assessment, and reporting practices that, for leaders, are the most transformational initiative they lead. In this training, we will walk school leaders through thoughtful and practical implementation of each element of an effective standards-based grading system—highlighting the potential pitfalls, opportunities, and challenges.
- The rationale and process for prioritizing standards
- The what, why, and how of proficiency scale development
- How to create, refine, or be a consumer of quality classroom-based assessments
- Ways to figure meaningful grades
- Approaches for grading exceptional learners
- Practical considerations for leading this transformational work at your school or district
- How to connect standards-based grading to the bigger picture of school reform
Product Code: WSL122
Philip B. Warrick, EdD, is an author and consultant and has worked globally in the areas of school leadership, instruction, collaborative practices, and grading.
Presenters are subject to change.
Charlotte Harbor Event & Conference Center
75 Taylor Street
Punta Gorda, FL 33950
In order to receive the discounted hotel room rate, please mention Marzano Research. Events reach capacity quickly. Please confirm your registration before making travel plans.
Four Points Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside
33 Tamiami Trail
Punta Gorda, FL 33950
Discounted Rate: $129 per night (single) through November 19th, 2018
Parking Information: Complimentary Parking
Cancellations and Substitutions
All cancellations and substitutions must be in submitted in writing via fax (812.336.7790) or email email@example.com
- Cancellations more than 90 days prior to the event require a $75 processing fee per person.
- Cancellations between 10 and 90 days prior to the event require half the registration fee.
- Cancellations less than 10 days prior to the event will receive no refund.
Included with your registration:
|9:00–10:00 a.m.||Structures and process audit—review of sample four-year plan|
|10:15 a.m.–12:00 p.m.||Processes and structures for prioritizing standards|
|12:00–1:00 p.m.||LUNCH (on site, included in registration fee)|
|1:00–3:00 p.m.||Actions for developing and reviewing proficiency scales|
|3:15–3:45 p.m.||Procedures for leading the creation, refinement, and review of quality assessments|
|8:30–9:00 a.m.||Welcome/Review of key Day 1 concepts|
|9:00–10:00 a.m.||Figuring grades for consistency and coherence|
|10:15 a.m.–12:00 p.m.||Grading exceptional students|
|12:00–12:45 p.m.||LUNCH (on site, included in registration fee)|
|12:45–2:00 p.m.||Leading the transformational change (communication, planning, implementation)|
|2:15–3:00 p.m.||Connecting SBG to the bigger picture of school reform|