Transform an in-depth understanding of the new science standards into successful classroom practice. You’ll learn how to align instruction and assessment with the science standards and create proficiency scales that can be used to plan all types of lessons. Discover hundreds of ready-to-use proficiency scales derived from the Next Generation Science Standards that are applicable to specific areas of science instruction.
- Explore how standards-based science education has evolved.
- Understand how the NGSS are organized and how they can be used in classroom instruction.
- Integrate 21st century thinking and reasoning into instruction of the NGSS.
- Develop high-quality common assessments based on the new science standards.
- Design student-specific learning goals and proficiency standards using the NGSS.
- Access hundreds of ready-to-use science proficiency scales.
Product Code: BKL031
Proficiency scales useful.
by Flying Fig on Nov 8, 2016
Strategies are practical and easy to use Research is up-to-date and informative Ideas and theories are clearly explained
The proficiency scales can be easily applied and are clearly described. However, in addressing classroom instruction, the primary focus was on disciplinary core ideas with little emphasis on assessing science and engineering practices and cross cutting concepts. The SEP and CCC are novel ideas to most science educators