Early Childhood Education
At Marzano Research, we know that supporting children in their earliest years is critical for the development of social, emotional, and cognitive skills and later school readiness. That is why we are dedicated to collaborating with you to address the needs of birth through third grade learners. Our team of early learning experts partner with you to better understand your unique needs and develop actionable solutions that improve outcomes for early childhood systems, programs, and, most importantly, learners and the people who help them grow.
How We Can Help
Your goals our are our outcomes. We meet you where you are at, with early learning experts who understand the unique aspects of the field and will be there to support or lead your efforts to improve outcomes for the learners you serve. Some of our most popular services include:
- Professional Development
- Standards Development
- Content Review and Alignment
- Resource Development
Partnerships that Matter
We help a wide range of organizations and agencies with one common goal, a commitment to improving outcomes for early learners. Discover some of the partners we have supported and their stories.
Project Spotlight: Colorado Shines Brighter
Marzano Research supported the development of Colorado’s Birth-Five Strategic Plan under the Preschool Development Grant. The strategic plan supports the state’s vision of ensuring that each and every child entering kindergarten has the tools necessary to succeed. Marzano Research led the efforts to ensure that diverse family voices were incorporated into the strategic plan, conducting focus groups and large-scale online surveys. The information provided by families around Colorado informed the state’s Birth–5 strategic plan.
Project Spotlight: Bright By Text
Bright By Three partnered with Marzano Research to conduct an evaluation of their “Bright By Text” service, which provides parenting tips via text messages to the caregivers of young children. Topics covered include language and literacy, nutrition, developmental milestones, brain development, social and emotional learning, and caregiver resilience, among others. Since implementing Marzano Research’s suggestions into its curriculum, the service has grown to over 75,000 subscribers throughout the United States.
Project Spotlight: Jeffco Prosperity Partners
Jeffco Prosperity Partners (JPP) supports families in Jefferson County, Colorado moving from poverty to prosperity through a multi-generational approach. Marzano Research partnered with JPP to conduct an evaluation of the effectiveness of the program for improving families’ economic self-sufficiency. By conducting extensive data collection, Marzano Research was able to make recommendations to JPP’s leadership team which to inform program improvements and service delivery for vulnerable children and families.
Our Early Childhood Education Resources
We are continuously developing new resources to support you. Find tools, tips, white papers, reports and more to help you in your early childhood education work.
- Infant–toddler teachers can successfully employ authentic assessment: The Learning Through Relating system (Klute)
- Mixed Approach Programs in the Early Head Start Research and Evaluation Project: An In-Depth View (Klute)
- Effective Formative Assessment for Elementary Grade Classrooms: A Research Review (Klute)
- Formative Assessment and Elementary School Student Academic Achievement: A Review of the Evidence (Klute)
- Coaching in Early Mathematics (Germeroth)
- Developing an Understanding of Children’s Justifications for the Circle Area Formula (Van Dine)
- Effects of Three Interventions on Children’s Spatial Structuring and Coordination of Area Units (Van Dine)
- Learning executive function and early mathematics: Directions of causal relations (Germeroth)
- Relational and Individual Resources as Predictors of Empathy in Early Childhood (Klute)
- Stopping Childhood Obesity before it Begins (Germeroth)
- The efficacy of an intervention synthesizing scaffolding designed to promote self regulation with an early mathematics curriculum: Effects on executive function (Germeroth)
Early Childhood Education Blog Posts
Find out more about starting a collaboration with us.